Thursday, June 7, 2012

2nd Haul Post: Mac, L'Occitane, Bobbi Brown

Here comes part 2 of my haul series that I bought from Europe! 

As can be seen from the title, some of the products I bought from Europe include brands like MAC and Bobbi Brown. As I did not buy them during my time in the US sometime last year (Regretted it like crazy!), I decided to buy them in Europe. It is much cheaper than buying them in Singapore where the prices of the products of such brands are super overpriced. Even buying from sprees is slightly more expensive than buying from Europe. Speaking of which, let's start of with the MAC products that I got from Europe. Am really excited as these are the first few MAC products that I own! Quite surprising for a makeup junkie like me! However, this always happens as I am not willing to spend an unreasonable amount on a product in Singapore when I can get it overseas at about half the price! In total, I bought 3 MAC products. 

Firstly, the MAC Studio Tech Foundation which I got in London from Selfridges & co. It is a cream foundation. Cream foundations are good for people who have dry skin. (I personally have dry to combination skin) After reading and watching videos regarding reviews of this foundation, I decided to give it a go. Been liking it so far. I actually wanted to get the MAC Full Coverage Foundation. However, if I'm not wrong, they only sell it in MAC pro stores. Hence I decided to settle for this product. 

The next 2 items that I got from MAC are their paint pots which I bought from the MAC counter at the Paris airport. I got them in 2 different colours. More specifically in indianwood and groundwork

Heard rave reviews about the groundwork paintpot from both missglamorazzi and Fleurdeforce on youtube. They are both 2 of my favourite youtube makeup gurus. And sure enough, groundwork is really good! As for indianwood, I swatched it at the MAC counter and fell in love with the colour instantly. Both paint pots are kind of similar. However, groundwork is more of a matt colour while indianwood is shimmery. So far, I'm loving both colours. More so for groundwork as I feel that it is much easier to work with due to it being matt as compares to indianwood where it is slightly shimmery. 

The thing I love about paint pots are that when one is in a hurry, you are able to just apply it all over the lids and would be ready to go out in a jiffy. It is quick and easy and is currently one of my favourite products of the month of June.

Moving on, the next thing I bought was the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit also from Selfridges & co. Been hearing really good reviews of it on the YouTube beauty world. Hence I decided to give it a try.

This is how it looks on the inside. On the left side is the Creamy Concealer in Natural Tan while on the right side is the Sheer Finish Pressed Powder in Pale Yellow. Please don't mind the slightly reflective image as I took the picture with the plastic on it. 
So in this case, you are supposed to use the creamy concealer first and set it afterwards with the pressed powder. I think that this is great for touch-ups where you would not need to bring out your big container of foundation and pressed powder to set your makeup. Just bringing this concealer kit and using it to touch up would be fine. It is super convenient.

The last item that I bought from Selfridges & co was..... KIEHL'S Ultra Facial Cream!
The weather in London was super cold~ Since I already had dry skin, in the cold weather, my skin become so bad that there was skin flaking off the corners of my mouth and at the ends of my nose. It was super painful. Since I've bought it in the US before and know that it works, I went straight to buy this and the rest is history! After 3 days, my skin was smooth and supple. Enough said.

I did a review on it before. Click here to see.

Proceeding on to my buys from L'Occitane!

I bought their Hand Purifying Gel.

Even though it smells like any other anti-bacterial gel, I liked this quite a bit. It does not leave your hands with the 'sticky' feeling that other hand sanitizers does. Since it was cheap there, I bought it and it has been in my carry on bag ever since! :)

Last thing that I bought from L'Occitane was their hand cream. They were selling a set of 3 minis for just 20 euros. Which is considered really cheap. So I bought it. It consisted of the Cooling Hand Cream Gel, a Lavender and a Rose scented hand cream. 

Kept the Lavender one for myself while I gave the rose scented one to my mum and the cooling one to my older sister. Been loving it so far. I don't really see any improvements in my hands as I have been regularly putting body cream on them even before buying this. This is definitely a splurge for me. But I mean, when you are on a holiday, anything goes! There's no time for stressing but only relaxing and enjoying one's time! 

Did not take a picture of the Rose scented one as I have already gave it to my mum! haha~

That's all for this haul post!

Will create various posts in the near future with swatches of both the paint pots and in depth reviews on the foundation and concealer.

Till next time! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment