Saturday, June 9, 2012

MAC paint pots in Indianwood and Groundwork

Here is the long awaited post that includes the swatches of both MAC paint pots that I bought. As you guys know, I bought 2 MAC paint pots from the MAC counter in Paris international airport.



I love their packaging! Even though some may think its plain, I feel that the black cap just makes the whole jar look very chic~

The two that I bought were Indianwood and Groundwork respectively.

For starters, here's how they look in the pots themselves.

Left: Groundwork
Right: Indianwood

Getting down to the nitty gritty details, MAC paint pots consists of 5 grams of product. That is quite a large amount of product considering that you only can put so much on your eyes. Therefore it'll definitely last a long time and is totally worth your money. 

Here are some swatches of both colours on my hand.

As can be seen from the swatches, both colours are more or less similar. However, Indianwood can be said to be much more of a bronzy colour. Its like adding gold shimmer on Groundwork would give you the colour seen in Indianwood. As for Groundwork, it is more of a matte taupe/brown colour. From my experience, I feel that matte colours are easier to work with as you do not have to care about 'sprinkling' your whole face with glitter.

**FYI: Matte colours are more suited for mature people while young people are able to pull off shimmery colours better. This does not mean that older people can't wear shimmery colours. If you can pull it off, go for it! :)

Application wise, you could apply it using clean fingers or an eye brush all over your lid.

I personally would recommend applying Indianwood all over your lid. However, for Groundwork, I would recommend just applying it to your crease and the outer corners of your eyes to create more depth. This can be created by just dipping a crease brush with groundwork and working your way in slowly until satisfied.

Looking at the picture shown below, I have applied Indianwood to my whole eyelid using my figures and used a crease brush to add a little but of groundwork at the corners to make it slightly darker. After which, just blend. 


It is a natural everyday look that can be worn both in the day or night and is fairly simple to re-create.

These paint pots can also be used as a base/primer. After which, you can just apply other eye shadow colours above it to create a more intense look.

The staying power of these paint pots are incredible! They just stay on all day long without budging at all even when you perspire!  

Price: S$33 or US$17.50
Product: *****
Would I buy it again: Yes. However I would buy them in other colours as I predict that these will last me a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment