Monday, December 26, 2011

Nail colour: Christmas 2011 + tutorial

Christmas is just over and I wanted to post some pictures of the nails of how it looks like. Basically during Christmas, you would see festive lights everywhere you go. So the nails ought to SHINY! :P

So here is a few pictures of my nails:


As can be seen, the colours used were purple and gold. I did not paint it red and gold as I thought that it would be too cliche. So yea~ The gold shimmer nail polish just seems to give my nails a bit of a glow making it look like it has a tinge of purple in it!

So without further ado, here's how I created this look! Basically I am just showing you the colours of the nail polish I used to create this look. Feel free to use other colours and experiment with it! :D

Step 1: After applying your base coat, proceed on to apply your base colour. In my case, the base colour would be purple. The purple nail polish that I used is from Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri collection in Pronto Purple.

I bought it at Watsons during some sale where it was buy 1 get 1 free. Since Sally Hansen's nail polishes are known to be slightly on the pricier side, I decided to get 2 colours during that sale. One of which is this!

Step 2: After the base colour have dried up, proceed to apply whatever shimmery nail polish colour that you have colour the initial base colour. The shimmery gold nail polish that I applied is from The Face Shop in GL111. I guess GL stands for glitter?


The Face Shop sells quite a wide range of nail colours at affordable prices, hence you might want to check the range out if you do not like to spend much on nail polishes. Do feel free to test out the nail polish before buying it in case the colour does not come out like what you would expect it to be. They allow testing to be done and there are even nail polish removers by the side for you to remove the nail polish after trying it on your own nails. But please don't be a cheapo and paint your nails there k? haha~

Step 3: This step is optional, but to portray more of the 'festive lights', I added another layer of glitter on top of it. The glitter I used was bought from Korea, with glitter stars and dots in it. The stars signify the beauty of the festive lights at night!


Step 4: Apply the top coat and you would have the final product! Its a relatively easy nail tutorial but still manages to give off the feeling that you have went for a manicure! haha~ Oh yea, not forgetting to mention, both the base coat and top coat that I used was from OPI - Start to finish.

Remembering to apply base coat is important so as to prevent your nails from being stained by the nail polish. Top coat on the other hand can be skipped. At the expense of lesser shine and nails being chipped more easily. But it is not as important as applying the base coat if you are in a hurry.

Oh yea~ Most stores now have post-Christmas sales ongoing to get rid of their Christmas stock? So you guys might like to check them out before the offer is over? That's all for now~ Till the next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment