Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Olive oil

If you are just starting out with makeup and wish to look for some cheap alternatives to play around with, one thing that I would recommend is to buy olive oil. Any kind of olive oil brand that you can find in any pharmacy store (i.e. watsons, guardian etc.) would be fine.

I'm sure most of us have heard of the benefits of olive oil therefore I shall not go on about it.

To put things short and sweet, if you are currently on a budget, one thing that you can save money on would be that of a makeup remover. Removing makeup is one of the most important steps as not removing it off properly would result in a breakout and in this case I feel that olive oil does a really good job in removing one's makeup.

The brand of olive oil that I use is this:
It also contains vitamin E in it which is known to have antioxidant properties. Therefore while removing your makeup, you are actually at the same time nourishing your skin.

Here is a picture of a swatch of eyeliner on my hand:
Pour some olive oil onto a piece of cotton wool:
It is important to use cotton wool instead of just a normal piece of tissue paper. Some people might think it is alright to use a tissue paper, however, it is more difficult to take off your makeup using a tissue paper as most of the olive oil would be absorbed into it. You can try it on your hand and trust me, there will be a huge difference!

After 1 swipe and this is how it will look like:
You don't have to worry about the oil left as when showering, you would still cleanse your face with a facial wash.

I also massage about 3 drops of olive oil into my damp hair right after my shower as it also helps in protecting against split ends and brittle hair. 3 drops would be enough for your whole head as too many would result in greasy hair the following day. A bottle of 150mL can last you very long. I have been using mine for about close to a year and it is still half full.

If you are also searching for a moisturiser (for the body and not the face), you can also use olive oil as an alternative to high end body products. The most basic products usually work the best.

Next entry shall be on my top 3 most trusted makeup removers.

Till the next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment